Sunday, February 5, 2012

Super Bowl Sunday Or An Excuse To have Snacks For Dinner!!!




This day has a definite food plan and schedule...
In the oven right now gently warming...amazing wings from Fresh Market...that's lunch...
Crisp carrots, celery and green peppers will provide us with essential veggies to sustain energy for this long fun day!!! And...an almost homemade blue cheese dressing for dipping...


At close to 4 o'clock we...Dennis, Patty and Lucy will convene in the kitchen to make healthy nachos...whole grain corn tortillas that we will bake in the oven and add black beans and seasoned ground turkey and jalapeƱos and avocado and black olives and sour cream and salsa and whatever else you toss onto nachos...

Den is the Nacho Man...he has a nacho plan...lol...



Later...if we still have the munchies...we have really good hot dogs and baked beans...nitrate fee hot dogs and whole grain buns...what could taste better than a nitrate free hot dog?

Are you eating anything snackaliciously yummy today?







- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

10 comments:

  1. We're going to a Super Bowl party where they'll be serving Brunswick Stew and Calico Beans. I've made Touchdown Pinwheels as our contribution.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be enjoying many of the same delicious snacks as you- just at a different house. Actually, two houses. We are going to one party and then to another during half time. Love all the snack foods! I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great description of a well executed game plan. Well done coach.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Nachos sound so yummy! I like whole grain things...and sometimes I have turkey hot dogs. They're pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What's a super bowl? Is that where you put all the extra potato chips you plan to munch on today? Lol, have fun ;0

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that you still thinking of health and nutrition while making those fun snacks :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I got to see the half time show, but then had to run the kids back to the theater. I missed out on all the yummy food. Most of it was not gluten free. I would have made stuff for myself but there is no food in the house since I couldn't even shop last week. Even today's lunch is up in the air. Nothing to pack. Will probably pick up some nachos or something because I never got my fix.

    ReplyDelete