Monday, February 6, 2012

Super Bowl Recap...

Well...we didn't even eat all of our scheduled fun foods...we ate wings and veggies and then we were not hungry any more.

No nachos...

No nitrate free hot dogs...

However we did eat our amazing chocolate ganache cupcakes at half time...yum...

I read this...




It was scary good...I love this author's Nicholas Flammel series...this one is for adults and is fantastic.

Thank you Sami and JKS Publications.

Den and Lucy spent most of the afternoon and evening doing this...



and this...



and sometimes even this...


And I learned how to pour a Guinness!!!



I am currently lost in this book...



Dragons, half dragons, music, dragons who fold up into humans and need to moisturize their skin/scales at night...and secrets...this one is by a debut author and is so far mesmerizing...Christopher Paolini fans will love this book. I have read amazing things about this book and so far each page is a delight as I get deeper and deeper into it.

Thank you Random House Children's books via NetGalley!!!



Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

16 comments:

  1. We went to a Super Bowl party so I ate a ton and didn't get any reading done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't get to read during the Super Bowl, since we had people over. It was fun though, and pretty relaxed, since our team wasn't playing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thirteen Hallows sounds good! On my Monday post you asked if I was reading more and more YA, I hadnt really thought about it but now that you mention it... maybe. We had a rough past few months and I think I have chose books that are not too intense as of late - more fun than deep :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. They say pouring Guinness is an art form :) Glad you had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My eldest son became quite the fan of Guinness while living in Ireland.

    That red chair sure looks comfy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you had a great Superbowl. Thirteen Hallows looks fantastic- I am curious to read it. I love the look and sound of Seraphina! Can't wait to hear moer about it I pigged out yesterday- so today I am trying to be a little healthier! Sounds like you were able to control yourself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. We attended the best Super Bowl party...mostly Italian/Americans, so refreshing to see that everyone enjoyed the game...and of course rooting for their team, the GIANTS!...since all the guests, and hosts were originally from NY...so exciting!

    Love your photos of Den, and Lucy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need to find that dragon book!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's not out yet...and it's an ebook galley otherwise I would send it to you...it is spectacular!!!

    ReplyDelete