Thursday, April 21, 2011

I'm Back!!!

I missed everyone!!!  I missed my blog!!!  I missed  reading about what everyone is up to and I missed adding amazing books to my TBR collections.
We were in Colorado to chillax and visit family.  It was really a long week end...we left Friday afternoon and just got back last night.  My husband's dad is 91 years old and living in an assisted living home.  He is fragile but lively...a bit of a short term memory issue but he feels safe and secure living where he is living.  We actually surprised him on Saturday while he was having lunch.  Apparently nothing...not even a visiting son...could deter him from his Saturday afternoon Bingo game so...my husband played Bingo with his dad and the other lively guests while I relaxed in the corner with my Kindle. 

We stay in Golden...the home of Coors Beer...in a lovely inn.  We see family during a part of the day and then have the evenings to ourselves.  Sections of downtown Denver are very very cool...we had dinner at some new fabulous restaurants.  My favorite one was called Root Down and is totally sustainable.  We sat in a booth lined with old telephones in an amazing array of colors...loved it.

I read and read and read. 

I am so happy to be back home!!!

Lucy was under the care of our wonderful catsitter but I missed her!!!

Did you miss me?

I am sorting through email and getting back into my blogging groove.  I haven't commented on anyone's blog or really done anything with mine.  It was just too hard to keep up while we were away.

But...as stated earlier...I'm baaack!!!

4 comments:

  1. We did miss you! Did you make it to Tattered Books while you were there?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back!! I missed you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. welcome back. visiting for the first time and look forward to seeing more of your blog. thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you had a good time :) Did you buy any books while you were there?

    ReplyDelete