Thursday, February 10, 2011

What's For Dinner At Your House This Evening?

This is what we are having for dinner tonight.  Sunny Anderson, a very interesting chef, was on The Today Show last week making this beefy enchilada casserole.  We love really good Mexican food and we love enchiladas but I hate rolling them...so this recipe is perfect for me!!!  Here is the link for Sunny Anderson's Cheesy Beefy Enchilada Casserole.


However...today is a busy day so I am not making her homemade enchilada sauce.  I am using Trader Joe's Enchilada Sauce.  I have used it before and love it.  The next time that I make these I will make the sauce from the recipe.  I love the idea that this is in my refrigerator ready for the oven later.  This is my favorite way to make dinner.

So...what are you having for dinner tonight?  Do you plan dinners carefully or are you a spur of the moment chef?

8 comments:

  1. That looks yummy! We're having soup for dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love enchiladas. I used to make really good sour cream with chicken ones (back when I could eat chicken). YUM!!

    Dinner? I've been lazy. The kids prefer simple stuff so I've been giving them the basics.. grilled cheeses with tomato soup, mac and cheese, quesadillas. I haven't a clue what we'll have tonight though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In this cold weather I have become more of a planner...knowing what we will eat every day during the week...when my husband travels...I have soup and toast...toast is my favorite food.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, that looks really yummy! What time are you making me dinner? :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Setting another place for you...hee hee hee...come any time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can do spur-of-the-moment, or carefully plan, just depending on what I've got in the fridge and how long it's been since my last shopping trip. My wife made some great enchiladas for dinner last night, after I chopped up some leftover roast beef and added olives, chiles, onions and spices to the mix.
    The Steel Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete