Wednesday, February 16, 2011

This Is One Of Those Amazing Books...

I am reading A Discovery Of Witches by Deborah Harkness.

I love this book.  I totally cannot tear myself away from it. It is so beautifully written.  This first time author has this amazing quality that allows the reader to sort of become so involved with what is going on.  Each page is a surprise, a thrill, a delight!!!

I have a difficult time tearing myself away from this book.  I want to savor it.  It is so absorbing.  I want to drink tea with a 500 year old scholarly vampire.  I think I might even want to play chess with him.  I want him to take me to breakfast and buy me rashers of bacon, toast and eggs and sit with me while I eat.

Now...doesn't that statement have you wondering what is going on in this book?


3 comments:

  1. Now, that's saying something, because you don't share a rashers of bacon with just anyone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sister loved this book and said she had trouble putting it down.

    ReplyDelete