This is one itty bitty teeny weeny fraction of the field of sunflowers the farmer who plants in this field across from our street planted!!! Apparently, this is the first time in years that sunflowers have been planted here. We live on a quiet street that once was a dairy farm...there are two blocks in our development and they are divided by ponds and lots and lots of common ground. I was going to lunch with a friend today and there were so many cars and people who had stopped to walk along the sunflowers and paint them and sketch them and photograph them...at one point I saw 1o ladders so people could see them from way up high!!! My neighbor sees these from her front windows...we have to walk down our driveway to see them...the field is full of bees and butterflies...it is amazing to see...
Wednesday, September 8, 2010
This is an exciting contest offered by the author!!! Just visit this link...it is Cynthia Roberts official website and follow the rules...have fun and I hope you win!!! You can see the prizes on her site. I have posted the rules here...good luck!!!
Contest Rules Are As Follows
1. Leave a comment at the end of this post.
2. Tweet the following text: Wind Warrior by Cynthia Roberts A story of longing, wanting & a love so strong it conquers human evil. On sale now at Major Book Retailers...
3. Post the same tag on your Facebook and/or Myspace Profile.
4. Become a fan/follower/subscriber of the blog you visit...
5. The list of participating blogs are registered on Cynthia’s website and you may enter to win on every one, however, only one family member may do so in a household.
6. Open to ALL not just the US & Canada.
7. Each participating blog will randomly choose five entrants to compete for the grand prize pool where the final 5 winners will be randomly selected.
8. Winners will be chosen on Sept. 30th and notified via email by Cynthia.
9. All finalists must provide their email, name and official delivery address at the time of finalist selection to Patty at this blog.
10. All prizes will be shipped no later than Oct. 30th directly from the distributor.
Posted by Patty Magyar at 2:35 PM
Tuesday, September 7, 2010
I have no clue what this plant is...I found them at our local gardening store and although I did keep the little plant tags in them...the birds pulled them out!!! All I know is that they have been amazing this summer...shiny green leaves and bright reddish flowers that have brought tons of butterflies to our yard. Normally I would never plant red flowers...I love whites and pinks and fuschias and blues and violets...but these flowers were so lovely...I planted them in pots all over the back decks...and they were so easy to care for.
We found this in the garden, too and neither my husband or I have a clue what it is or what to do with it...it doesn't look very edible...but it is really shiny and pretty so far...
Posted by Patty Magyar at 1:46 PM